Thursday, May 4, 2017

April Showers Bring New Writer Friends and a New Novel

So April was a busy month for me. I awakened from my long, winter’s nap! (No, not really!) I returned from 10 weeks on a tropical island.











My debut Middle Grade Novel, TWICE BETRAYED,  was published...

And I visited two states in two weeks to attend SCBWI Conferences.  At the NESCBWI, in Springfield, Massachusetts, I mingled with one of my critique partners (Thanks, Angie for the yummy Margarita) and visited with writer friend (Katie) and met a new one (Carli). 


I also met one of my Spork Sisters, Jenna Grodzicki, author of Pixie’s Adventure and Finn Finds a Friend.



And the very next weekend I traveled to Honesdale, PA. to the Highlights Barn, where EPASCBWI held their 25th anniversary. And again I met up with old writer friends, (Tammi, Eileen, Hallee & Jenn) and met some new ones (Laura, Tina, Nancy & my roomie, Sue). And yes, Wes played the bagpipes!!! And there, I also met another Spork Sister, Pam Jones-Nil, author of The Year of the Green Flamingoes.


So now, I’m writing away, working on yet two more novels, one a Middle Grade Fantasy/Adventure and one a gritty, dark YA thriller. Hope to see them published soon!





5 comments:

  1. Gail, it was so nice to meet you at NESCBWI. I've always wanted to go to the Highlights Barn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great to meet you too. I've almost got Pixie's review ready to go. Hope you'll have time to write one for Perdy too. The Highlights experience is wonderful. Save your pennies for one of the summer ones when you are out of school. It's well worth it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...and it was nice to meet you in person too. How fun that we recognized each other without question.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, we did spend a good portion of a year critiquing each other's work. It was wonderful to finally meet you in person. I'm sure I will be going back again next year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was great to meet you too. I've almost got Pixie's review ready to go. Hope you'll have time to write one for Perdy too.

    แคมฟรอก

    ReplyDelete